CORNERSTONE UNIVERSITY REDUCES TUITION BY 22% FOR THE 2024-25 ACADEMIC YEAR
Cornerstone University, with the full approval of its Board of Trustees, announced that it is lowering its tuition price by 22% for traditional undergraduate students for the 2024-25 academic year. The aim is to increase awareness that Cornerstone University is one of the most affordable private Christian universities in Michigan and the nation and to offer tuition transparency for students and families.
“Cornerstone University believes that an outstanding private Christian education should be attainable for all students and families,” said Dr. Gerson Moreno-Riaño, president of Cornerstone University. “The tuition reset offers transparency and reflects our commitment to removing financial barriers to affordability. Cornerstone wants every student to experience the best possible education that prepares them for a Christ-centered flourishing career and life.”
- Tuition for the academic year will be reset from the 2023-24 tuition price of $28,300 to $22,000 for 2024-25 for undergraduate degrees.
- Nearly 100% of students should receive financial aid through scholarships and grants to make their educational career goals a reality.
- Cornerstone University is reducing the base tuition price by 22% to $22,000 to reflect better transparency in what students actually pay.
- The Cornerstone Commitment Grant is offered for eligible families to pay no out-of-pocket tuition. In partnership with the State of Michigan Achievement Scholarship for high school graduates, families with the highest level of demonstrated financial need will qualify for a matching Cornerstone grant up to the full cost of tuition.
- Cornerstone’s knowledgeable enrollment and financial aid teams can help students and families map out avenues to pay for college which is an investment that grows in lifetime value.
The value of a college degree remains a significant factor in financial and career upward mobility, increasing in lifetime value over time. At $22,000 for tuition, Cornerstone is more affordable than the $42,000 average tuition for private colleges locally and nationally. And in the affordability range of many public universities once scholarships and aid are factored in. Students rarely pay the full published tuition price due to financial aid offsets. For greater transparency, Cornerstone is publishing its lower tuition rate which is more affordable than families might imagine for an accredited outstanding private Christian undergraduate degree.
The university’s most important distinctives are its 75-plus outstanding academic degrees and student learning experiences that are driven by the university’s mission to educate bold, Christ-centered influential graduates from a sophisticated academic and Biblical Christian worldview.
The curriculum taught by our distinguished faculty scholars and industry experts cultivates our mission to educate men and women to influence the world for Jesus Christ. Our CU Promise and CU Lead (Learn. Engage. Acquire. Develop) initiatives are aligned with the recent National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) in-demand job and market skills report.
Graduates are prepared to be market and ministry-ready alongside important leadership, communication and organizational skills that are highly desired and in demand across every industry sector.
“We are excited to make a Cornerstone University degree financially accessible for undergraduate students,” said Heidi Cece, vice president for enrollment and marketing. “Our experienced advisors, financial aid, academic success and campus spiritual life teams are ready to welcome students to start this life-changing investment in their future.”
Students and families are invited to discover how Cornerstone University can transform their purposeful future. Visit or contact 616.222.1426 for more information on tuition affordability or general enrollment.
About Cornerstone University
Cornerstone University is an accredited Christian university with a passion for global influence through the transforming power of the gospel. As an interdenominational institution located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Cornerstone offers 75 plus undergraduate and graduate traditional and online degree programs offered on campus and online including Cornerstone Theological Seminary and Asia Biblical Theological Seminary.