Alexis Demery (’23)
Cornerstone has opened my eyes and helped me realize the profession that truly excites me! The staff at Cornerstone has been extremely helpful in answering my many questions and supporting me on this journey.
B.A. in PsychologyDedicated to
Helping Others Thrive
PROGRAM START DATES
- Online & On Campus
- 120 with up to 90 hours in transfer credits possible
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Expand your knowledge of the human mind and behavior and develop skills to positively influence others with a Bachelors degree in psychology. One of the nation’s growing, highly valued degrees, A Cornerstone University bachelors degree in psychology allows you to blend a profound purpose to serve others with future career opportunities within clinical, industrial, medical, ministry and organizational sectors.
Cornerstone’s accredited bachelors in psychology degree—offered online and on campus —combines the theories and science of human behavior with practical skills alongside Christian faith integration to form a holistic mind, body, spirit framework. It is the first step toward a future master’s and Ph.D. required for clinical practice or toward a rewarding career in counseling, social work, legal studies, human services, health care, church ministry and more. What is the value of this degree to your future?
- Learn the science and practice of psychology, human behavior, organizational psychology, abnormal and physiological psychology, research and statistics, and practical applications for individuals, groups, and organizations.
- Faculty are real-world experts and practitioners in psychology, counseling and research in this science-based degree program that integrates a Christian worldview.
- Challenging courses offered 100% online or on campus to fit your busy life. Strengths in math and science can provide a solid foundation for success.
- You can transfer up to 90 credit hours to complete your degree.
Why Choose An Affordable, Accredited Psychology Degree from Cornerstone University?
Academic quality, experienced faculty and respected accreditations are essential for psychology degree marketability and personal development to propel your life forward. Cornerstone University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), and the university offers over 75 in-demand degrees with decades of experience delivering high quality traditional and online education.
What sets Cornerstone apart for over 80 years is our mission and commitment to provide the most excellent academic education, grounded in Christian scripture, taught by industry professionals who are relevant to psychology today. Preparing bold, Christ-centered, influential leaders in psychology and other important fields includes our commitment to an outstanding, enriching student experience from start to degree completion.
Join Cornerstone’s beautiful Christian community of faculty, staff and over 17,000 alumni who share your values, your faith and your passion to create a bold, hopeful future:
- Leading psychology and counseling faculty with real-world experience and one-on-one student support to prepare you for your profession and inspire your spiritual growth.
- One of the most affordable bachelor’s degrees per credit hour in private, nonprofit higher education.
- Free student support resources, including writing, math and more.
- The Well is a dedicated free mental health counseling center on campus to serve students, reflecting a deep commitment to spiritually grounded mental health.
- A team of knowledgeable advisers to guide you from application to graduation!
- Official college and/or military transcripts
- CLEP and DANTES transcripts (if applicable)
- Signed CU Confession statement
Of psychology graduates from the class of 2019 were employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Student-to-faculty ratio with an average class size of 22.
Of students participate in internship or practicum experiences.
The on-campus psychology program at Cornerstone is designed to inspire your intellect, deepen your character and prepare you to lead in your career with influence and wisdom.
The Social Science Division has several degree options available. Take a look at some of the other programs related to psychology.